|Head of department and scientific trend:||Assoc. Prof. Anyuta Georgieva Nikolova, Ph.D.|
|Room: 6000 А1
Phone.: +359 (0)66 827 542
|Academic Organizer:||Dipl.Eng. Nikolina Mateva Nestorova|
Phone.: +359 (0)66 827 539
Department of Management
The Degree Courses «Industrial Management» and „Management of Economy” and the Department of Management – Achievements and Continuous Development
The Department of Management, as well as the degree courses „Industrial Management” and „Management of Economy”, for which the Department is responsible, appeared as a result of the changes in Bulgaria in the 1990s. At various times, the Department has undergone a number of transformations, but it remains a continuation of the studies and research of qualified lecturers in the field of management and economics.
In response to public demands for training of broad-profile specialists with higher education ready for the market conditions, on 13.12.1990, by virtue of the Academic Autonomy Act, the Academic Council of TU-Gabrovo established the Faculty of Industrial Management and the Department of Economics, Organization and Management responsible for the training in the degree courses „Management in Manufacturing and Marketing of Electric Trucks” and „Entrepreneurship and Management”. The academic documentation for the two new degree courses was approved by a decision of the Academic Council - protocol № 13 of 31.05 1991 and the first academic year for the students enrolled in them was 1991/1992. A considerable contribution to the development of the Faculty and the degree courses had all colleagues from the Faculty of Mechanical and Precision Engineering and the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Electronics who managed to fit into the innovations required so that students can obtain attractive and interdisciplinary knowledge and skills.
The degree course “Industrial Management” is a successor of the course „Entrepreneurship and Management”, established in 1990. By a decision of the Academic Council - Protocol № 10/8.07.1993 the academic documentation of the degree course „Industrial Management” was approved with sectoral focus on mechanical engineering, electrical cars building, and textile industry. The training period is 5 years of full-time study. Graduates obtain the professional qualification “Engineer-Manager”. The first course of study started in the academic 1993/94. Training in it was carried out by the academic staff of the Department of Economics, Organization and Management - Chief Assist. Prof. А. Nikolova, Ph.D. – Head of the Department, Assoc. Prof. Lyuben Zheglov, Assoc. Prof. Ivan Petkov, Assoc. Prof. Rumyana Neykova, Assist. Prof. Daniela Dimova, Ph.D., Chief Assist. Prof. Nikolay Nikolov, Assist. Prof. Venelin Alev, Assist. Prof. Hristina Krasteva.
The establishment of the course “Industrial Management” at TU-Gabrovo preceded the emergence of similar majors in the other higher schools in Bulgaria.
By decision of the Academic Council of 21.05.1996 the Department of Economics, Organization and Management was divided into three departments in accordance with the degree courses’ profile. One of them was the Department of Organization and Management headed by Prof. Veselin Stoyanov. It was in charge of the degree courses „Industrial Management” and “Entrepreneurship and Management” and was soon renamed into Department of Management and Marketing. In the academic year 1996/1997, it started offering the degree courses „Management of Economy” and „Marketing”. Three years later the Department of Industrial Management was formed which was responsible for the degree course with the same name.
Since the academic year 2002/2003 by decision of the Academic Council – Protocol № 2/29.10.2002 training has started in the Master degree course „Management of Economy” in three master programmes - „Management of Human Resources”, „Bank and Financial Management”, „Production Management”. By decision of the Academic Council – Protocol № 3/18.11.2003, in the academic year 2003/2004 the first students of the degree course „Industrial Management” were enrolled in the Master programme “Management of Industrial Enterprise”.
Since 23.11.2010 the Department of Management and Marketing and the Department of Industrial Management have been incorporated into the Department of Management. Thus, in market conditions, competitive environment and continuous changes in regulations and public demands, the Department has undergone a vigorous development. These have been years of creation, promotion and development of degree courses, years of work for maintaining partnerships with other departments, business organizations and foreign universities, years of various activities in conditions of changes in the socio-economic development and integration into the European educational space.
The educational, research and creative activity of the Department staff have contributed to implementing the mission of TU-Gabrovo. The good academic work, the active research activity, the available facilities and information base provide perfect conditions for the scientific development of the lecturers and the active involvement of the students. Specialized laboratories equipped with modern technical devices and modern software are also used in the training process. This helps students in gaining practical experience and skills in studying and solving problem situations in the field of economics, management and general engineering.
The present day dynamic environment, the increased requirements to the qualification and creative abilities of the students oblige us to strive to high quality education meeting national standards and being comparable with the best practices of the leading European universities. Our expectations for economic recovery gives us hope for our future and makes us constantly update and improve the curriculum because young people – our students know and can pursue their ambitious goals, and the responsibility for the quality of education is mutual.
- INDUSTRIAL MANAGEMENT – educational-qualification degrees of BACHELOR and MASTER
- MANAGEMENT OF ECONOMY - educational-qualification degrees of BACHELOR and MASTER
|Name and Academic Rank||Room||Phone
|Chief Assist.Prof. Ivan Angelov Vinev||1228||+359 (0)66 827 317
+359 (0)66 827 436
Areas of Research
- Statistic research and forecasting
- Market research and analysis
- Entrepreneurship and business planning
- Human resources management
- Finance, investment and insurance
- Materials science and industrial technologies
- Electromagnetic fields and ionizing radiation
- Synthesis and analysis of mechanisms, CAD systems in mechanical engineering
- Engineering and production management
- Innovations and competitiveness
- Project management and risk management
INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL PROJECTS
Department lecturers are actively involved in teams of projects funded by:
- ERASMUS Programme – Teacher and student mobilities;
- International programme „Student Company” of the Junior Achievement-Bulgaria Foundation;
- EU Operational programmes „Human Resources Development” and „Competitiveness Development”
- Department of Labour Economics and HR Management, Russian State University of Tourism and Service, Moscow, Russia
- Department of International Economics and Business Management, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Vilnius, Lithuania
- Department of Quality Management of the Kaunas University of Technology, Kaunas, Lithuania
- Faculty of Engineering Economics and Management, Riga Technical University, Riga, Latvia
- Faculty of Management and Marketing, National Technical University of Ukraine “Kiev Polytechnic Institute”, Kiev, Ukraine
- Faculty of General Engineering, Rezekne Higher Education Institution, Rezekne, Latvia
- KAHO-Sint Lieven Catholic University, Ghent, Belgium
PARTICIPATION IN PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITTEES OF SCIENTIFIC EVENTS
- Association of Teachers of Economics and Management in Industry
- Scientific-Technical Union of Mechanical Engineering, Management and Engineering Society at the Federation of the Scientific-Engineering Unions in Bulgaria
- Union of the Economists in Bulgaria
- International Scientific-Practical Conference „Modern Problems in the Theory and Practice of Corporate Governance”, Technical University of Varna and Perm State Technical University, Russia
- International Scientific-Practical Conference „Competence of Contemporary Specialist: Unity of Theory and Practice”, Kaunas University of Applied Sciences, Kaunas, Lithuania