The degree course "Public Administration" prepares highly qualified specialists with the necessary knowledge and skills to work in the state administration and the public sector. The training syllabi and curricula are developed in accordance with the European standards and trends in this area. They have been developed within a joint project with two universities in Europe - Ludwigsburg University for Public Administration and Finance (Germany) and the NHL University of Applied Sciences - Leeuwarden (Netherlands). The course of study provides a good fundamental preparation combined with deep profiling in specific areas of the public sphere. The training of specialists in Public Administration includes the acquisition of managerial, legal and economic competence; competence in the procedures of decision making in the European Union, competence in electronic and information services, project management, business communication and administrative ethics.
Graduates obtain the professional qualification of Bachelor and Master of Public Administration.
The course of study takes place in two educational and qualification degrees – Bachelor and Master. Training is carried out both in full-time and part-time form. The Bachelor degree course lasts 8 semesters and the degree of Master is achieved for two semesters, if the candidates have graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in the same major and 3 or 4 semesters for graduates with other majors.
Modern methodology and interactive forms are applied in the process of training. Multimedia, video films and simulations are used. In seminars practical cases and situations are discussed and solved.
Practical training is provided in the structures of the territorial and local governance.
Opportunities for Professional Realization:
The degree course “Public Administration” enables graduates to pursue professional career in:
- The structures of state and local administration;
- Structures in the NGO sector;
- In missions of joint and international organizations;
- As experts and consultants for projects in the field of administration;
- As specialists in the field of public and public-municipal property;
- As experts, referees and specialists on European integration in the field of administrative reorganization;
- As employees in budget organizations in the educational sector, in social welfare, health, security, administration of culture, etc.