The Technical University of Gabrovo welcomes applications from international students holding diplomas for completed secondary and tertiary education that allow them access to training at the respective higher education institutions in the country where the education has been completed.
Required application documents:
- Completed Application Form with short biographical data stating the degree course the applicant wishes to follow – MS-Word format.
- Copy of the diploma for completed secondary education and the grades supplement – when the application is for the full duration of the degree course.
- Document issued by the competent authorities stating the eligibility of the applicant to continue his/her education at the higher education institutions in the country where the secondary education has been completed
- Academic transcript – when the application is for a period of study.
- Copy of the document / diploma for completed higher education with a degree corresponding to the academic qualification degree of Bachelor or Master – for applicants for Master degree courses.
- Document certifying the level of Bulgarian language proficiency, issued by a higher education institution in Bulgaria – for applicants who will not do the preparatory Bulgarian language course.
- Copy of the citizenship documents – for applicants with a double citizenship, one of which is Bulgarian.
- Four passport-size photographs.
- Photocopy of the international passport showing the applicant’s full name written in Roman alphabet.
Documents 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 must be legalized, translated into Bulgarian and attested in accordance with the regulations set in the international agreements of the Republic of Bulgaria with the country where they have been issued (legalized by the Bulgarian Embassy in the country where they have been issued), or, in case there is no such agreement, the documents are attested following the general procedure for document legalization, translation and attestation.
The application documents are submitted to the Technical University of Gabrovo. The minimum average grade in the subjects, which form the university entrance score for the degree course applied for, shown in the diploma for completed secondary education (document No. 2 from the list of required application documents) cannot be lower than 62 % of the maximum grade according to the assessment system in the country where the secondary education has been completed. The subjects forming the university entrance score are: Mathematics and Physics for the engineering degree courses and Mathematics and English for the social and economic courses. Owing to the long procedure of issuing student visas, applicants are advised to submit their application documents at least two months before the beginning of the academic year.
The application documents can be submitted:
- Personally at the Technical University of Gabrovo, International Students Office, Main Administrative Building (“Rectorate”), room 3209;
- By post (registered mail or courier service) to the following address: International Office, Technical University of Gabrovo, 4 Hadji Dimitar Str., 5300 Gabrovo, Bulgaria;
- By authorized persons from the Technical University of Gabrovo, staying temporarily in the country from which the applicant comes;
Prospective students must submit their application documents not later than middle of September in the year for which they apply.
Prospective students who apply for Master degree courses after acquiring Bachelor or Master degrees must submit their application documents not later than the beginning of the summer semester of the respective academic year.
The Technical University of Gabrovo sends the application documents of the admitted students to the Ministry of Education and Science, following the procedure for issuing long-term (D-type) visas, in accordance with the legislation in the Republic of Bulgaria.
The Ministry of Education and Science issues Admission Certificates only for the prospective students, who have been admitted for study. The Technical University of Gabrovo sends the Admission Certificate personally to the applicant at the address given in the Application Form.