Training in Textile Design, Equipment and Technologies is carried out in conformity with the Higher Education Act for full-time and part-time students enrolled in Bachelor, Master's and Ph.D. degree courses.
Students who have graduated the M.Sc degree course in TDET are awarded professional qualification of M.Sc. Engineer in the professional trend of Textile Design, Equipment and Technology. Holders of Master's degree in TDET are well qualified to occupy positions as leaders of research teams, marketing and service departments; production engineers/managers; civil servants and academic tutors .
During their training students enrolled in the degree course acquire theoretical and practical skills which include:
1.Compulsory training of general engineering in informatics, engineering graphics, language training, electrical engineering, economics, management ,etc.
2.Specialized training in textile materials science, textile testing; machines and processes in weaving, knitting and sewing production, design and texture of fabrics, design and texture of knitted goods; design and technology of dressmaking; design, work ,overhaul and reliability of spinning, weaving ,knitting and sewing machines; design of mills for textile and tailor made clothing; automation of manufacturing technology processes in textile industry; CAD design of textile goods and machines.
International co-operation of the department is effected through various programs of teachers' exchange of mobility, participation in international conferences and symposia, exchange of course books and teaching materials. Our foreign partners are academics from related departments in various universities in Russia, Rumania, Slovenia, Turkey, Germany, Ukraine and the Czech Republic.
The degree course includes several scientific trends such as:
- Research and analysis of novel textile materials;
- Development/Design of classic and effect yarns;
- Computer aided design of knitwear and fabrics;
- Computer aided design of knitted goods and sewing articles utilizing CAD/CAM systems;
- Design of specific assemblies for textile machinery;
- Organization and management of manufacturing technology processes in textile production;
The department of Textile Engineering and technologies conducts training in 8 specialized laboratories and 1 workshop. Its staff consists of 6 associate professors and 5 chief assistant professors two of which are Ph.D degree holders. Academic curricula and syllabi are developed in compliance with those EU universities which employ the system of credit accumulation and transfer. Students in Textile Design, Equipment and Technologies (TDET) have classes in special computerized labs equipped with latest versions of related software for computer aided design of textile machinery and products such as Design Plus, Optitex, Universal Mechanism, Project, S&A.
Our students are involved in annual exchange of mobility under various international programs.
Opportunities for pre-graduation studies are offered by “Gheorghe Asachi” University of IASI (Rumania) and the University of Ljubliana ( Slovenia).
Successful graduates of the B.Sc degree course in TDET are awarded professional qualification of “Engineer in Textile Equipment and Technologies”.
- Students who have taken their B.Sc degree in TDET are well qualified to follow a career in the area of :
- Research and development of novel and classic textile materials
- Marketing and managerial activity in the field of textile equipment and technologies;
- Design of advanced manufacturing technologies for production of yarns, fabrics and knitted goods;
- Computer aided fashion design of knitwear and sewing articles;
- Computer aided design and artistic arrangement of fabrics;
- Organization and management of manufacturing technology processes in spinning, weaving, knitting and sewing production;
- Design, development and production of modern spinning and sewing machines and looms;
- Work in drafting, technology development, research, diagnostic and overhaul, organization and management and other activities of companies for mechanical engineering.